Rejection is never easy to accept, especially when it comes to email marketing. Every now and then email subscribers disengage, leaving marketers wondering why this occurred and what precautions are necessary to avoid unsubscribes in the future. What's important to remember with such relationships, is that if they have not unsubscribed, it is not too late to bring them back.
On July 1, 2014 section 6 of the new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) goes into effect.These rules are applicable to you if your emails are received in Canada, no matter where you or your company is stationed. While there are similarities between CASL and CAN-SPAM in the U.S., there are also more demanding requirements that must be followed.
Business professionals launch websites as the means to different ends, however the overarching theme is the same: to fill a need of their consumers. In some cases this involves selling products or services, but in almost all cases it involves providing information that is not readily available in brick and mortars. A company?s website also allows a company to deepen their relationship with their consumers through various means. The most common platform used is a blog, which is ideal for displaying the depth and breadth of a professional?s knowledge. The issue that many business professionals wrestle with is how to get their content out to their prospective consumers.
Email marketing is not just sending out email blasts in the hope that you?ll get a bite. Here, we take a look at how email can help e-tailers capture every sale possible by cultivating email marketing lists and employing clever use of ?abandoned cart? emails. Abandoned Cart Emails Abandoned cart emails are considered a ?triggered?... Read More
Daily we all receive solicited and unsolicited emails marketing goods and services we may or may not need. What causes us to open one and discard so many others? And for those who create these marketing messages, how do they measure success? What return on investment (ROI) prompts them to produce more and if so, how often?
So often I am asked why email marketing campaigns are not well received. The content of an individual email can produce a short term drop, but a poor overall strategy contributes more heavily to slumping statistics. Four mistakes are quite serious (and often quite common) and, if not addressed, can lead to the death of your email marketing campaigns.
Before jumping right into email marketing and trying to sell to your email list you should know some tried and true tenets that work for the vast majority of marketers. By following some simple rules you can ensure the biggest return on your email marketing investment. I call these tenets my golden three and they are Trust, Surprise and Listen.
Email marketing can benefit all sizes and types of companies. But, like all types of marketing, certain types of businesses have a real advantage when email marketing as compared to others. Your email marketing strategy still plays the biggest role in how well your email marketing performs, but certain types of companies do have an inherent advantage.
Marketing should never be looked at as an expense. Over time, if marketing is costing your company money, then you need to rework your strategy. Marketing, by definition, is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services. This definition is not ambiguous. So often, small business owners seem to not fully understand the value of marketing. The vast majority of big businesses get it and in many cases, good marketing strategy is part of what made them big in the first place.
As a standard rule of thumb, you have to assume that over 80% of people find what they are looking for on the first page of Google. 20% of all searches usually get sucked up by PPC advertisements, and the other 80 % is scattered on the rest of the page, with the obvious first three spots being the most coveted. Knowing this, it?s very important to understand and completely embrace the fact that being on the first page of major search engines